ALEXA'S ALMOND MILK & FALL LATTE
Alexa Gray of Super Food Super Life is vibrant spirit with a passion for healthy living and a commitment to supporting others make positive change. She is an incredibly talented writer & photographer, and her work is filled with creative inspiration. Her loving, light energy shines through all that she manifests and I feel blessed to share it with you. Today, Alexa shares her Autumn spiced almond milk and latte, along with a peaceful playlist.
A| Fall is here! One of the things I have been obsessed with during this season is making warm tonics. I love the feeling when you take the first sip and Fall feels real. Below you will find recipes for The Fall Latte, and my Seasonal Almond Milk. The milk contains cinnamon, clove & cardamon, which are anti-fungal and anti-bacterial warriors. The Latte contains nettles, dandelion & anandamide powder that detoxify, strengthen and mineralize the body.
Keep in mind, for the nut milk, the spices are optional, and you can experiment until you find the perfect ratios that cater to your liking. Same goes for the latte... and below is a playlist I made that can keep you company while you make it.
Happy Fall ! xx Alexa
Seasonal Almond Milk
1 cup raw organic almonds
1 teaspoon himalayan rock salt
1/2 tablespoon food grade hydrogen peroxide
3 cups spring water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon clove
1 teaspoon maple syrup, honey or a few drops of stevia
1. Cover your raw organic almonds with filtered water, add your rock salt and let sit overnight.
2. In the morning rinse almonds, place in a fresh bowl of water with hydrogen peroxide and let sit for 15 minutes. This will eliminate remaining bacteria. Then rinse almonds thoroughly.
3. Add clean almonds to your blender and add 3 cups of water, add spices and blend on high until the almonds are broken down and everything liquifies.
4. Strain the liquid with your nut milk bag and use milk for your latte or any other recipes. Milk should stay fresh in your refrigerator for about 3-4 days.
1/3 cup warm almond milk (see recipe above)
2 cups boiling water
1 bag nettle tea (supports joint health)
1 bag dandelion tea (good for detoxifying the liver)
2 scoops Sun Potion anandamide
1/4 teaspoon ghee (good source of saturated fat)
1/4 teaspoon coconut oil (good brain food)
4 drops butterscotch stevia
1. Steep tea bags in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Once tea has steeped, add to your blender the remaining ingredients.
3. Blend on high or until frothy.
4. Pour and serve!
Alexa Gray is a passionate health coach, wellness educator and natural health writer committed to teaching practical tools for ultimate wellbeing. Through her colorful blog, www.SuperFoodSuperLife.com she shares great products, restaurants, artisans and literature that are close to nature, made with compassion and revitalize the spirit. A trained fine art photographer based in L.A., Alexa loves behind the scenes interviews with natural product pioneers, which inspire her readers with informative stories from the front lines of the healthy lifestyle movement.